Weight Loss vs Weight Gain with Sambal Honey Chicken and Fried Rice @themealprepmanual
You don’t have to eat less volume of food when you want to lose weight, you just need to choose less calorically dense options. This image is a good example of how you can eat the same foods, just in different proportions to meet your goals. Eating a higher ratio of vegetables is an easy way to cut back on calories (obviously right) I know they don’t taste as good and it’s not always the easiest to eat them but sometimes sacrifices have to me made in order to reach our goals. A way to make them more palatable is to pair them with foods that are similar in size and mouth feel. For example, the fried rice in this image has small frozen vegetables included that are close to the size of the clumps of rice. You can play with the ratio of rice to vegetables to adjust the calorie load. The sauce on the meat can also be poured over the green beans to give them more flavor.
2.5 lbs chicken thighs
1.5 cups cooked rice
1 lb green beans
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp Sambal oelek
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Cook rice. It’s best if you have day old rice.
2. Heat a skillet/grill pan over medium heat and cook the chicken. Cut into 1 inch chunks and add back to pan to brown.
3. Dice an onion and sauté in 1 tbsp olive oil until soft. Add in thawed frozen vegetables. Stir in rice. Add 2 tbsp soy sauce and season with pepper to taste.
4. In a sauce pan add 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp honey, 3 tbsp Sambal and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a light boil.
5. Make a slurry with the cornstarch and 1 tbsp of cold water. Reduce heat and stir into sauce to thicken.
6. Coat meat with sauce.
7. If you use raw green beans, boil or cook them as preferred.
8. Divide ingredients into 5 servings. Nutrition information is for each dish.
The weight loss version has half of the rice and the weight gain version uses 3lbs of chicken and 5 cups of cooked rice with an extra tbsp of sesame oil to cook in.
Weight gains for sure for me 😊
Very good picture!
This look so good I need to get on this level I am slacking 🤦🏽♀️
This looks delishhhh🤤😋🌿
Sambal in anything wow😍
Can see the difference
This looks amazing! Thank you for sharing Josh!
This looks delish. Thanks for the dinner idea tonight. 😁
#vegetablesareforlosers #mealprep #mealprepsunday #mealprepideas #mealplan #mealprepdaily #mealprepmonday #mealprepping #mealpreps #mealprepmadeeasy #mealplan #mealdiary #mealinspo #fitspo #fitness #crossfit #healthyfood #healthyeating #healthyrecipes #mealpreprecipes #mealpreplife #nutrition #exercise #mealprepmanual #fitlife #fitnessmotivation
Top ! 💪🏻👌🏻
AGAIN. not healthy! lol
One of my favorites! Sambal is life changing.